Friday, September 25, 2009

Clearly, I hate myself.

Hey, you know what would be a great use for all my blue and purple Wollmeise?



http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/autumn-rose-pullover

Yeah. Because that wouldn't be stressful AT ALL. For me, the biggest issue would be picking the colors. The original has 11. That would result in me making the biggest Crayola piece of shit sweater ever. Or all the colors would blend together and it would just look like a blue sweater. I think I would really need a kit for this - or better yet, someone to pick out my yarn for me and assign each color to a spot. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Perhaps I should ease into a fair isle sweater a little more slowly.

I was thinking of a deep-v sweater vest with a center pattern that mimics my Argyle Purl scarf, but with just elongated reverse stockinette diamonds. I'm seeing it in Wollmeise Petit Poison No. 5. It's kind of a deep mulberry. I just don't know what I'd wear it with. I look so ugly in button down shirts. I keep buying them, though, because I always think "oh hey, that's stylish!" and it never is. Love them on men. Heinous on me. And googling "sexy sweater vest" isn't giving me any reinforcement. It did give me Ellen Degeneres, and that helps a little, but somehow I doubt looking like Ellen is going to get me laid. Well, it might. Just not in the way I was intending.

No comments: