Monday, January 11, 2010

Skulls, Death, Cables


Pattern: Celtic Cable Neckwarmer by Lindsay Henricks
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Azul Profundo
Needles: Size 8
Completed: January 8, 2010

I've had this queued up for so long. I bought yarn for it in February 2008, then got the counter and realized it wasn't the color I was going for. But I bought it anyways. I was also intending to buy the skull buttons at that time, but totally forgot them after I walked away from the button area, not wanting to carry the tube around with me the whole time. A friend of mine went to the anniversary sale in May, so I asked her to pick them up for me. Really, this whole thing was an excuse to use these buttons.

I can't believe how fast I wheeled this thing out. Really, it was only a few hours. I got really into the rhythm with the cable chart. I just sat at my computer with it, zoned out listening to my music (especially Robbie Williams, who I have a real affinity for lately) and going like crazy. I really enjoyed it, and it was a very well-done chart. If I had a request to make another one for someone, I would do it with no problem. I wouldn't make myself another one, because I really don't think I need more than one, but as a gift idea, it would be great.

No comments: