Pattern: Sort of my own - someone on Ravelry had put up something similar with instructions, but they were wrong. I stared at it until I had an idea of stitch counts and drew it out by coloring in boxes on Microsoft Excel.
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock. God, it's so awful. And so not ideal for skin contact. But I keep buying it because it's pretty.
Needles: Size 3
Completed: January 19, 2010
I really wanted to challenge myself on some socks, and I was bored with looking up things in stitch dictionaries. I found the socks I had originally favorited, and was disappointed when I realized the instructions were wrong. I did get the hang of it, and I learned a lot on these. A friend taught me what it means to "tack up floats," and that made a big difference, especially where I had 10-stitch floats. Unfortunately, sock #1 came out too small. I wasn't brave enough to try it on until I was at the heel, and at that point, I wasn't going to rip this all out. I managed to force it on and off my foot a few times and now it's wearable, just not that easy to slip and slide out of. I adjusted my stitch count accordingly for the foot, as well as for the second sock and that fits just fine. I wish I had made them a little taller, but since fair isle eats up more yarn, I was a little paranoid. I still have quite a bit extra, but not as much as usual.