Monday, January 11, 2010

Fabulous People


Pattern: None. It's just seed stitch over 11 stitches.
Yarn: Cascade Magnum
Needles: Size 19. It actually gave me shoulder pain.
Completed: January 9, 2010

So on Christmas Eve, I ended up getting drunk with a 16 year old boy. That's how my family parties. Jordan isn't technically family - he's my mom's boyfriend's son. I'd never really talked with him before, but as the champagne flowed, and he kept refilling mine, we really got on well, and ended up having this fantastic drunken conversation about numerology, the Bible, and destiny. Sometimes when I drink too much I end up insisting that I'll knit things for people, especially people that give me hugs, and that's how we got here. I had bought this yarn in October, and charming as it is, it's nothing I need. Returning it for store credit doesn't help my yarn situation, so I knit it up in a matter of hours. I'm going to give it to him as a very-early-birthday present, since mid-March is too late for a massive wool scarf.

The name comes from a song by my favorite band, Electric Six. You can check it out here. I think, if anyone can rock this scarf, Jordan can. I just hope it doesn't clash too much with his orange skin.

No comments: