Monday, January 11, 2010

Akimbo


Pattern: Akimbo by Stephen West
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Abril, with Bristol Yarn Gallery Buckingham in black as the contrast color
Needles: Size 4, bound off over 5s
Completed: January 2, 2010

I didn't do any modifications to the pattern, but towards the end, decided I was unsure about the garter stitch. Really at the point of no return, though. It worked out for the best - I'm very happy with it. Actually, I'm wearing it to type this. The black works well with the variegated purple. I'm just a little disappointed with the saturation level of Malabrigo Sock - the garter stitch really shows off the white in the yarn. It's not too noticeable at a distance, but it was kind of grating to notice as I knit it. I don't think I'll be buying this yarn again. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to buy two hanks of the same color of it. I might try to sell one, since I've already got one FO out of it and I get bored working with the same color twice.

No comments: