Friday, June 26, 2009

Here's a disgusting picture of a blister.



You can't say you weren't warned.

Yeah, so, I did that to myself, in conjunction with a few other crappy but not as horrific blisters. Apparently my "stand all day" shoes are not good walking shoes. Apparently you don't wear leather shoes with no socks when it's warm. Oops. I was going to celebrate two days of sun in a row (when's the last time that happenned? May?) with another walk, but it looks like there's a reasonable chance my left foot may explode. Bones and all. Not that it's readily apparent that I don't move around enough or anything. Maybe I'll run up and down the stairs a few times, just to further punish my muscles into shape.

I just finished my St. James! Or, as I like to think of it, James St. James. Of course, do you think I can find a decently fabulous picture of him now? Not even from Party Monster. The only one I could find of Seth Green from that movie, he was covered in warts or something. And really, that doesn't help with either my assertations of having a fabulous top or my lust for Seth Green. Also, seed stitch can go right to hell. And then I'll run back after it, full of apologies, because I love it so. Even if it's a total bitch to do and takes forever to get done (like your mom).

So, my project options for today: wind some Malabrigo and start my sweater coat, work on my float stitch socks, work on my Clapotis, re-organize the living room yarn basket, do absolutely nothing and play Facebook games all day. I can probably guess which way this is going to go.

It's the end of the week! Time to start waiting for the job to not call.

1 comment:

Goes by the name of Anna said...

I love seed stitch...
Blisters not so much. Except when you grow a blister on your blister - it still hurts but the novelty value nearly makes it worthwhile...