Friday, May 29, 2009

Acquisitions

Yay, my new CD arrived today. There is something about knitting to Marilyn Manson that makes me feel so deep and complex. I'm both an angsty 13 year old in 1993 and a grandmother.

I'm making good progress on Dulce De Leche, or, as I'm calling it, Blurple. I don't get this yarn. It was definitely royal blue in the store, but in my house, it's purple. I have absolutely no idea what color it really is. Sometimes I see the blue, sometimes purple. Good thing I like both colors. But I'm near the binding off for the neck, and then it'll just be a matter of getting the armholes and eventually the sleeves. So I'll have an alpaca sweater just in time for... Summer. I'm so awesome at planning these things.

I've been having so much fun turning my floppy partial skeins into tight balls on my swift and winder. It's sad, but I had 450-yard hanks of sock yarn that I bought in February and have been avoiding because the idea of winding that all up by hand was just too painful. Not to mention, I wear a lot of skirts, and there's just so much time I like to spend with my knees up to wind.

The stash has evolved into "taking over my room and living room" status thanks to a ridiculous trip to Rosemary's Gift Shop, followed by a "what the hell, we're already here" trip to Korner Knitters. We won't discuss how much I spent, but this is how much I accrued:


Sometimes I scare myself.

But you know what's even scarier? Rosemary's is having a 25% off sale "soon." And I'm on the mailing list.

I don't really need two bathrooms, right? One of them can totally be converted to a stash closet.

No comments: