Saturday, January 12, 2008

Socialization!

So, I went to my first ever Maine SnB today. I was watching the community access channel at 3 am, because that's just how punk I am, and there was an ad for "Library Knitters" at the town library on Saturdays from 1-3. Cha-ching. So I actually went today! The most awesome parts?

  • I was the youngest person there by at least 25 years
  • I taught a woman who could be my mom and had been knitting longer than I'd been alive (she had a 27 year old WIP with her!) how to connect DPNs for socks
  • Everyone was fascinated by the fact that I can knit without looking
  • They wouldn't leave until I finished my sock
  • Did I mention the 27 year old WIP?

Basically, it was awesome. And of course, the library is closed next Saturday so I can't go again before going back to school.

It was also the grand debut of My So Called Scarf, which was very beloved. Definitely made the right call on the yarn. I wore it to my friend's house tonight and looked quite fab. Eventually I'll get a pic of it up.

My grandmother's socks are in progress. I finished one today and I should have the other by this time tomorrow. I like the yarn, but the color and pattern are just too old lady for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like exactly what you need in your life - a circle of warm loving older women who won't judge you or take advantage.

And you are bringing them something special too - I love knitting circles-