Saturday, July 01, 2006

To be honest...

I really hate Mariah. I hate everything about the process of this goddamn pattern. I hate that THERE IS NO LOGIC TO ANYTHING and I hate I've metaphorically ripped out so much hair over this. Maybe I'm not good at math, but could someone tell me if I'm right here?

C0 46 stitches for a small.

K1.
Do two repeats of the pattern. It's a 22 stitch repeat normally, but for this pattern, you end a stitch early. So it's a 21 stitch repeat.
K2.

1 + 42 + 2 = 45.

NOT 46. NOT 46 AT ALL.

oh god someone out there has to have done this pattern and can help me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the pattern but the math works out if you assume a slipped stitch on each end before the instructions for edging... is this possible? Does it say so anywhere in the text? is this a british pattern?

Slip 1, Knit 1, Pattern Repeat x2, Knit 2, Slip 1 = 46.

Good luck!