Thursday, July 27, 2006

I hate crochet.

SO MUCH.

I can't do the "yarn over" all cool like everyone else in the damn world that crochets and make the hook do the work. I have to pull it with my hand. Which entirely defeats my purpose in crocheting. It looked fun and cool and fast and no, I'm some sort of special ed fiber freak. It took me MONTHS to learn to knit, and I can teach people in 2 minutes. I feel so stupid. Oh boy, I can make a chain. In a way that I don't like. That justifies the expensive book I bought, clearly.

I shouldn't be wasting my time with this, and instead, be agonizing over that Mariah sleeve.

2 comments:

Alliesw said...

Okay, I have the same problem, and it definitely makes crochet slow, awkward, and not much fun, so I sympathize! But your knitting is great :)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

crochet was very awkward for me even though I learned it very young. I couldn't hold the hook the way everyone else did so started holding it more like a pencil. Then things smoothed out and speeded up. The under the hand thing didn't work for me.