Thursday, August 26, 2010

I knew this would happen

I am an eternal optimist. I believe the best about everything, I think everything happens for a reason, and I have faith that everything pans out exactly as it's supposed to. So there was no hesitation in my mind at all that once I moved to town, I'd be a much better friend and a much more social person, once I no longer had to weigh my interest in driving back here after work, didn't have to worry about making sure I was safe to drive home, and didn't have to consider the feelings of a person who shouldn't have any say over my social life. Accordingly, I've become incredibly social, ad my life has become that much more fulfilling. This week, for example:

Wednesday: The most epic night of partying ever, starting with a couple of shots with a coworker friend in my living room, progressing to beers at the Crowbar, meeting up with 4 other friends, and then going back to my house to, as one does, do shots of rum in my attic and cut my best friend's hair. And then, because a friend and I are still so wasted, stay up until 6 am, realize in horror that it is 6 am, and then pass out. Proceed to get 3 hours of sleep.

Thursday: Bowling and perhaps hopefully some dancing for my coworkerbestfriend's birthday

Friday: Knit night before goth night. Of course.

If I live to see Saturday, it's gonna be an accomplishment.

No comments: