Friday, September 16, 2005

OMFG it's a Ribby!



So I've left this poor thing sitting in my knitting bag or on my couch at home, almost done save for a quarter of a front panel, languishing on a stitch holder since mid-July. Finally, the day before Labor Day, it was time. I grabbed the piece, grabbed the needles, frogged as necessary, remembered how to interpet my pattern notes, and finished that damn panel. I sewed, even though I didn't think I'd be able to put on the sleeves without trauma, assistance, and holy mother of GOD, I had my first sweater. I picked up the stitches for the collar and brought the darn thing to my Russian culture class to work on before the class started and mostly for attention. I skipped throughout the halls smiling and telling people "I have a sweater!" Many compliments and squealing and people being proud of me has ensued. More importantly, I'm proud of myself and knitted a garment I actually want to wear (see: halter top of doom and indecency). Life is awesome.

Click to enlarge, per the usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Lissa