- I was the youngest person there by at least 25 years
- I taught a woman who could be my mom and had been knitting longer than I'd been alive (she had a 27 year old WIP with her!) how to connect DPNs for socks
- Everyone was fascinated by the fact that I can knit without looking
- They wouldn't leave until I finished my sock
- Did I mention the 27 year old WIP?
Basically, it was awesome. And of course, the library is closed next Saturday so I can't go again before going back to school.
It was also the grand debut of My So Called Scarf, which was very beloved. Definitely made the right call on the yarn. I wore it to my friend's house tonight and looked quite fab. Eventually I'll get a pic of it up.
My grandmother's socks are in progress. I finished one today and I should have the other by this time tomorrow. I like the yarn, but the color and pattern are just too old lady for me.